17 July 2008

Big Dreams

Several weeks ago we told our children that if they earned a full scholarship to college we would buy them a car. (I think we'd be coming out way ahead!) This has sparked a HUGE interest in cars, gas mileage, the rise of gas prices, planning and this morning questions about MRSP (no, I don't have the answer to most of these questions including what the heck is a MRSP?) I'm so glad my sons think I am so knowledgeable about cars, but truly I can pump gas (when I have to), check the oil and call for help with flat tires. But, on to my sons' big dreams!

William has decided to get a full soccer scholarship to UVA. Now as an alum I am thrilled with his choice of schools, but it's also a top 10 soccer school, so it's going to take a lot of work and determination. I'm not going to crush his dreams but at some point he should probably consider a fall back. Christopher, on the other hand, is having a very difficult time. He has been AGONIZING over what to do--should he accept a basketball scholarship to University of Louisville or should he play football for the University of Georgia? He's very concerned about this. The only larger concern in his life right now is what to do if the University of Kentucky offers him a scholarship. He claims he won't take it--I'm thinking he should probably spend less time worrying about these things and more time studying! But since I don't even know the gas mileage for a smart car, he's not listening to me!

No comments: