05 December 2008

My children are right

Sometimes children really are right. Recently my children have been saying, "Mama you're losing it." I forget where I put things, call them by random names and lose track of time. If I was older I'd be on my way to the doctor, but seeing as there is very little likelihood I have Alzheimer's I just think the children are right. But I think I have figured out why? It's trying too do to much and be too efficient. Multi-tasking is not all it's cracked up to be. I learned this for sure a little while ago.

This morning it was 13 degrees--far too cold to go running, but I knew I wanted to run today. I certainly didn't want to have to take two showers, so I just put on my running clothes, went to study, lunch with friends, back to study, pick up Sarah Katherine and home to run before the other children get home and I head off to basketball, cheerleading, and a holiday party. I know I only have a window of 30-45 minutes for the run. So, I rush home, sync my ipod throw on my running coat, gloves, and ear muffs. Out the door I go and I felt horrible. My legs and feet hurt terribly. I'm usually a morning runner, so I assume I'm just not used to the time of day. After almost 2/10 of a mile I realize I can't do it--I look down to discover I had not put on my running shoes--I was running in ugg boots. Yes, the children are right, I'm losing it.

No comments: