23 December 2008

Ginger Jesus


We love baking Christmas cookies as a family. We do it every year, and we try to be more and more creative. Basically, as with most things in our family, it becomes a competition. This year, all the children were talking about (boasting?) the cookies they were cutting out and what they were going to be. "I'm making a star." "I'm making a sparkling star." "I'm making a tree." "I'm making a tree with ornaments." Christopher pipes up, "I'm going to make Jesus." Chris, possibly thinking this would be a good opportunity to bring faith in, says, "I don't think we should make Jesus as a cookie to be eaten." Without missing a beat Christopher responds, "Yes we can. It's Ginger Jesus."

1 comment:

christy said...

Yummmm......a ginger Jesus!!! You guys crack me up and I love you for it.