31 January 2014

Boss is Officially the Tallest in the House

Last night it became official--Junior is taller than his daddy.  They stood back to back and although it is slight, there was no mistaking--he's got him.  This news was met with cheers from the Boss.  They were both standing in my very small kitchen, I turned to Chris and asked him to put something in the refrigerator.  "I'll do it," said Boss as he grabbed for it, "You might not be able to reach it."

"I can take you on now," he added as he grabbed Chris, "bring it on shorty."  They were both laughing and the wrestling turned to a hug.  As I glanced over at the Chris's  I saw love and pride in both their eyes. This was his son--his namesake, and he was becoming a man.  This was his daddy who never stops loving, supporting, and believing in him.  Yes he's taller, but not only that he is growing into the man we know he can be.

I suspect there will be many more short jokes abounding in our house!

PS--And then Caroline added, "And my boobs are bigger than Mommy's.  Grandma even told me I had big bosoms."

No comments: