27 November 2013

I Heart...

It all started because we needed a large bag to brine the turkey...

I suggested to Chris that we use a trash bag, but we can't because apparently the trash bags we have are scented.  As Chris was taking out the trash he asked me if I remembered to buy trash bags this morning (that would be 6 am) at the grocery store.  Oops forgot--but as he shook out the bag to put back in the trash can I caught a whiff and said, "Ewww I don't like that smell."  Caroline, "It is gross; kind of like scented tampons."  And William walks in at this exact moment--"stop talking about tampons and bras and everything else!"

"Oh that reminds me," I chime in, "SK is going to take you to buy bras today."  Caroline, "Good mine don't fit--I'm pretty sure my cup size has gone up."  William, "Stop talking about that.  Do you want me to talk about my cup size?"  Caroline, "Whatever"  Chris, "Cups don't come in sizes."  William, "They should, small, medium and large."  Caroline, "Oh to protect your boys."  And I was so glad I had somewhere else to be so this conversation had to end.

 Six hours later the girls come in from getting their hair cut and after going bra shopping.  I asked how much they spent.  "Who knows?' says SK.  Oh this is a big problem--. She went to the car to bring them in as I began asking questions (since it was my credit card they were using and didn't pay attention to how much they were spending.)  "Did ya'll officially get measured?"  Caroline, "Yes and guess what?  We're both 36 C's--you're not (she just had to throw that in).  Well actually SK is a 38 B but the lady said those sizes were like sisters just like us so it's okay."  At this point SK returned with the bag and Caroline got hers out and put it on over her clothes.  I asked, why do I ask anything, "Did they show you how to make sure they fit right?"  Caroline, "Oh you mean scooping your boob up into it?  Yeah they did." as she demonstrated.   Caroline begins prancing around with her new bra on over her sweater explaining to me how good it feels--it's cushioned and cute. At this point Chris comes in from working out.  "Daddy, feel this bra.  It's awesome."  Chris, "Umm, I don't think I want to do it."  "No really," said Caroline approaching him, "it feels awesome."  Chris, "Umm that's okay--where's the turkey?' "Daddy," Caroline continued, "My boobs have grown.  I heart periods."

It might be good no one is joining us for Thanksgiving.

No comments: