05 November 2010

If only I'd had two brothers, I'd know these things

The boys came down this morning in their uniforms, and Christopher's khaki shorts just looked different. So I asked him, "whose shorts are those?" "Well they were in my drawer." See in our house we have squatter's rights on clothes, if it's in your drawer whether or not you incorrectly put it there, it's yours. I pass over this comment and say, "you need to pull them up. They're hanging half way down your hiney." (notice my word choice)
Christopher: I don't like wearing them higher. It makes my butt look big. (notice his word choice)
Me: They can't possibly make your bottom look big. You have your father's bottom--no bottom.
Christopher: No Mama, I have yours big. (Now I'm trying not to be insulted)
Me: Christopher, you're butt (I've lost all decorum) is not big. (And I silently vow not to eat anything for the next week so mine won't be either)
Christopher: Yes it is. William, come here and look isn't my butt big?
William: (lifting Christopher's shirt) no not so much
Me: This is weird ya'll are looking at each other's butts.
Christopher: Mama, that's what boys do.
William: And when we play sports we even touch them.

1 comment:

christy said...

What is WITH boys and hineys??? They don't even have hineys MOST of the time - and why, I ask you, DO they slap them in sports? I'm asking my butt slappin' boys about this when they get home!

Love you, lady!